4 months ago
Practice group/Global Operations team:
Type of Vacancy:
Full time/Part time:
Contract/Part time details:
About Eversheds Sutherland:
Eversheds Sutherland is not your average law firm and we're not looking for average people. We do things differently - in the way we treat our people and the service we provide. That's how we've become one of the largest law firms in the world and a great place to work and develop your career.
The Eversheds Sutherland Real Estate practice has status and substance. External commentators often refer to us as one of the largest Real Estate practices and there are very few firms that have such a varied portfolio of work. We aim to be first to the market for solutions for our clients and work seamlessly across borders, integrating our specialists as they need them.
We are looking for an audit and compliance officer to work as part of our Volume Property Team in Cardiff.
You will be responsible for:
• Delivering the complaints and escalations processes
• Handling complaints from clients and third parties, and making recommendations to senior managers on the outcomes
• Planning and conducting all internal and external audits for the Volume Property team, focusing on delivering performance and process improvements.
• Lead external audit meetings with our key clients and any third party suppliers and ensure that all internal procedures are fit for purpose. Escalating your recommendations for improvements to the senior management team.
• Manage client and supplier relationships, taking the lead on all audits for our client and third parties, building positive relationships.
• Analyse processes and identify process improvements, presenting findings and recommendations to the senior management team. As part of this, you will ensure that all procedures, legislation and regulations are fully compliant and that internal and external SLAs are met.
• Lead on regulatory and compliance changes required in the department
Skills and experience:
You will be educated to Degree level and have experience in a similar role.
A good understanding of compliance/regulatory standards is essential along with first class IT skills, including advanced Excel.
You will have well developed problem solving skills, with a highly organised and structured approach to your work and meticulous attention to detail.
Experience of the legal and financial services sector is an advantage.
The ability to communicate effectively to develop positive working relationships with suppliers and internal and external stakeholders is essential to this role.
You should have excellent interpersonal skills, including:
• Good presentation and report writing skills
• The ability to work to challenging deadlines.
• A collaborative approach to your work and support a positive team environment.
• A commitment to the proactive improvement of processes and your own personal development is also key.
We’re a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we’ve built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from having an inclusive culture of genuine equality and diversity and we’re happy to help with any reasonable adjustments you may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
Eversheds endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Eversheds operates within a preferred supplier list.