3 months ago
Associate / Senior Associate
[Forward to a friend]
Hill Dickinson LLP is a leading and award-winning international commercial law firm with offices in Liverpool, Manchester, London, Piraeus, Singapore, Monaco and Hong Kong. With more than 1300 people including 180 partners, the firm delivers advice and strategic guidance spanning the full legal spectrum, from non-contentious advisory and transactional work, to all forms of commercial litigation.
Hill Dickinson acts as a trusted adviser to a wide portfolio of clients across a wide range of specialist sectors: from transport and logistics and international trade, through to retail, insurance, marine, health, education, manufacturing, public sector and banking and financial services.
Job Title Associate / Senior Associate - Corporate Commercial (AIM)
Hours Monday to Friday, 09.00 to 17.30
Department Business Services, Corporate Commercial - Legal
Brief Job Description
We are looking for a qualifed and experienced Associate with a proven and demonstrable legal career in the corporate commercial legal sector, who has specialised in the AIM and Capital Markets.
This is a great opportunity to join an established and highly regarded Corporate Commercial Legal Team in our London office; working in a thriving Capital Markets, M&A and PE Practice.
Scope of the role:
Focusing on an AIM portfolio of established business, this role requires a self-starter with the confidence to work autonomously; working on files from start to finish.
This is a real platform for establishing yourself within this niche sector with support and development from the Partners.
With this role there is a high level of business development and corporate networking required.
Key Duties, to include, but not limited to:-
* Leading on AIM and/or Standard List and/or ISDX/IPO
* Leading on RTO to AIM or Standard List or ISDX
* Leading the verification process
* Leading acquisition and disposal of assets and/or shares
* Leading due diligence and disclosure process (be it in relation to buy side legal due diligence work or sell side legal disclosure work); including preparing/reviewing legal due diligence responses
* Preparation and finalisation of disclosure letters
* Drafting and negotiating the terms of transaction ancillary documents (such as completion board minutes, deeds of waivers, resignation letters, Companies House forms etc.)
* General corporate work including corporate restructurings, shareholders agreements, joint ventures and limited liability partnership agreements, specifically drafting the principal documents
* Business development and tenders including (where appropriate) research about clients and targets
* Opportunities for exposure to clients and transactions with a particular focus on emerging markets.
* Sector focus including resources, technology, pharma and bio-technology
* Law degree (or equivalent)
* Proven experience in a role as a Corporate Commercial Associate with AIM
* Previous focus on M&A and Capital Markets
* Demonstrable experience in supporting a corporate commercial team
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Proven experience in developing legal client relationships
* Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
* Proficient in use of legal document management systems
* Flexibility to support client development and attend networking events
* Ability to demonstrate adaptability and flexibility as from time to time it may be necessary to assist teams in other offices, which may be by remote working or working from another office
All successful candidates will be subject to our standard pre-employment screening, including a basic criminal record check via Disclosure Scotland. Any offer of employment made is conditional upon completion of all checks.
Due to the high response levels we receive for some vacancies, we may expire any of them prior to the advertised closing date and advise you to submit your application as soon as possible.
Hill Dickinson Values: Trust ~ Innovation ~ Collaborate ~ Respect
< Back to available positions