6 months ago
About Gowling WLG
Gowling WLG is an international law firm created by Gowlings, a leading Canadian law firm, and Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co (WLG), a leading UK-based international law firm. We built Gowling WLG to provide clients with legal services at home and around the world, and to help you succeed no matter how challenging the circumstances.
Gowling WLG clients have access to in-depth expertise in key global sectors along with a top-tier suite of legal services. With more than 1,400 legal professionals across offices in 18 cities worldwide and specialised expertise in countries around the globe, we’re positioned to help clients rise to the challenges they face – both today and tomorrow.
About the Team
Our Transaction Services offering has been designed primarily to sit alongside our private equity and M&A deal teams so that transactional due diligence is in the hands of experts who work alongside the deal teams to identify risk and work with the client and the deal team to ensure that risk is priced into the transaction and follow up actions delivered upon.
The Transaction Services team comprises a mix of dedicated paralegal support (for data room management, internal co-ordination and document review) and experts throughout the firm in specialist areas such as real estate, IP, commercial contracts, HR and pensions. These are people who work together often and know what to look for in due diligence exercises for corporate transactions.
Main Purpose of the Job
Lead on Transaction Services projects – coordinating, editing and presenting buy side due diligence reporting and coordinating/managing sell side data room services.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Client interface
* Agreeing scopes
* Coordinating and managing cross firm specialists
* Client and deal team presentations
Key skills and experience
* M&A experience
* Ability to apply commercial solutions to legal problems
* Effective communication skills
* Due diligence reporting and data room experience useful but not essential.
* Experience of assisting partners and colleagues on a broad range of issues
In addition, we would look for the successful applicant to be:
* Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple matters across a diverse workload
* Able to work within a large team environment whilst still capable of working on their own initiative where appropriate
* Excellent attention to detail
* Proactive and enthusiastic
* Able to build strong relationships with clients
* Able to demonstrate strong IT skills
* Able to work well and remain calm under pressure
Gowling WLG is committed both to promoting equality and diversity in the firm and to Equal Opportunities in employment. The firm believes in equality of opportunity regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins), religion, caste or belief, age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnerships, surrogacy, adoption and parental rights. This also includes any incidents of perceptive or associative discrimination and harassment.
< Back to available positions