Bristol Real Estate Team
We offer the opportunity to work within a market-leading Real Estate team in a top 20 law firm, with offices in Bristol, London, and other locations throughout the UK and across the Worldwide.
The strength and breadth of our Bristol Real Estate team's client portfolio remains unrivalled in the South West, providing excellent opportunities to work with leading national and international PLCs, listed real estate developers, investors, landlords, occupiers and public sector organisations.
Our well-established team comprises over 30 solicitors (including seven partners) and support staff. We form part of a national Real Estate practice group which numbers 175 in total.
An expanding client list and increasing volumes of work means that new team members are needed to play an essential, valued role in delivering the time-critical, high quality service expected by our clients.
Successful candidates will be enthusiastic and dedicated, have a strong work ethic and keen to seize the opportunity to progress their legal career by developing their technical skills and commercial awareness in a friendly, collaborative environment.
In addition to a competitive salary, the role benefits from a bonus scheme, linked to realistic and achievable personal financial targets.
Residential and Commercial Development Team
Our Bristol Real Estate development team has an opportunity for a 5 years + PQE Associate to help them with their increasing workload from regionally and nationally based residential and commercial developer clients. The work is exciting and varied and includes brownfield site regeneration schemes, urban extensions, the purchase and development of strategic land, joint ventures and collaborations, the financing of development projects and the development of new housing neighbourhoods, hotels, offices and retail units. Clients include Galliford Try/Linden Homes, Bellway Homes, Taylor Wimpey, Crest Nicholson, Watkin Jones and Deeley Freed Estates.
The role will include:
• Act as first and primary contact for clients on a day to day basis providing them with commercially focused legal advice.
• Adhering closely to client protocol and process.
• Make an appropriate contribution to non fee-earning activity e.g. knowledge sharing, training, client seminars, and business development.
• Comply with the required standards for internal procedures e.g. financial management of files, billing regimes etc as well as the specific requirements of individual clients.
• Writing articles for publication both for in-house and external publications.
• Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
• A qualified solicitor, experienced in commercial and / or residential development, typically to have been gained over approximately 5 years (or more) post qualification. Such experience to include ideally: acquisitions, disposals, conditional contracts, options, reviewing and reporting on title.
• Ability to deliver against client protocols and KPIs.
• Strong technical skills and an ability to understand and work through complex issues.
• A demonstrable ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues and to be highly client focused.
• Ability to operate with a high level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
• Team oriented and collegiate with an experience of and a willingness to mentor, coach and supervise less experienced members of teams.
• Exposure to and success within business development activities.
• Confident communicator with an ability to develop relationships, undertake client marketing and influence at all levels. Ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues, building up strong relationships.
• Strong organisation skills to ensure a pragmatic and methodical approach to handling a variety of Real Estate matters simultaneously, through an IT case management system.
• Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
• Able to handle a complex and constantly changing workload and to work under pressure.
• Detail conscious with a concern for quality.
About the firm
With over 2,300 people, DAC Beachcroft combines one of the most comprehensive UK legal networks with coverage across Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia-Pacific. We provide a full service claims, transactional, commercial, risk and advisory capability. We work with clients in a select range of industry sectors and are market leaders in health, insurance and real estate. We are agile, progressive and easy to engage with.
We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through charitable giving, pro bono work and programmes such as those operated by Business in the Community and The Prince's Trust.
In Chambers UK, the leading legal guide's 2017 edition, the firm received 57 rankings with 36 of our total listings in either Band 1 or Band 2, as well as 99 Ranked Lawyers.
In The Legal 500 UK 2016, one of the leading guides to law firms in the UK, the firm received 105 practice area rankings, over half of which are Tier 1 and 2. In addition to team rankings, 18 of our lawyers have been listed in the elite "leading individuals" list, some in multiple categories, and 161 colleagues are "recommended" in the editorial.
DAC Beachcroft holds certification under ISO9001, the quality assurance standard and ISO27001, the information security standard, and DAC Beachcroft LLP is the largest law firm in the country to hold a Gold Investors in People award.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.