4 months ago
Practice group/Global Operations team:
Type of Vacancy:
Full time/Part time:
Contract/Part time details:
About Eversheds Sutherland:
We are a top-tier real estate practice group whose remit encompasses premier institutional, inward and property company investment mandates, multi-jurisdiction portfolio management, complex fund structuring, energy-related real estate projects and precedent setting regeneration schemes. We have a formidable team both nationally and internationally and are proud of the work we are doing for the clients we have.
Eversheds Sutherland is one of the largest full service law firms with over 4,000 people including more than 500 partners and almost 2,000 legal advisers. What sets the firm apart on a global level is the consistency and coherency of its offering.
Eversheds’ Sutherland people are international in spirit and outlook. Wherever they are based, colleagues share a desire to provide quality in everything they do. High caliber advice, informed by sector specific knowledge, is matched by value for money and pioneering techniques that drive efficiency and effectiveness. Collaboration is key and strong relationships, both with clients and between colleagues, form the basis for excellence. An open and genuine culture fosters new ideas and Eversheds’ Sutherland people are encouraged to play their part in the future of the firm.
We are looking for an Associate who is ideally 2-4 years qualified to join our expanding London team to work on a market leading and large scale industrial developments. This Associate will also be required to work for institutional landlords around the globe on the management of a mix of commercial industrial and retail assets. The work promises to be challenging, high quality and supported by a cohesive and friendly team.
Skills and experience:
• Specific experience in acting for occupiers on large industrial acquisitions and leases, including in particular having worked on multiple large scale build-to-suit projects. The projects we work on are on an extremely large scale and have been in excess of 2 million sq.
• Demonstrate a track record of dealing with global clients, including those from the Americas, Europe and the Asia-Pacific. An Asian language would be advantageous with a preference for Cantonese as Hong Kong is a growth area for us
• You will have knowledge and experience in project/real estate finance and construction/real estate litigation.
• You will also have experience in core real estate work including (but not limited to): Residential, Leasehold Reform Housing and Urban Development Act 1993, Landlord and Tenant Act 1987, acquisitions and disposals, landlord and tenant work, portfolio management and development transactions.
• Strong technical skills and excellent academic qualifications.
• Team player with strong communication skills and the ability to effectively problem solve.
• Demonstrate a desire to provide quality client service whilst juggling the demands of consistent and multiple workloads.
• Ability to use IT solutions to assist clients in real estate management.
Typically, you will be 2-4 years PQE, to have gained the required breadth and depth of experience for this role.
A band of PQE as advertised on a role does not preclude applications from those candidates that may have more or less PQE. Our intention is only to indicate a guideline as to how long we would expect a qualified lawyer to have practised so as to have gained the necessary skills for the role as described.
• You must be able to meet client needs and build exceptional relationships with internal and external contacts.
• You will have good communication and influencing skills together with technical skills and knowledge.
• You will enjoy working as part of a team but be equally able to manage your own matters efficiently and promptly.
• You will be client centered, managing quality, risk and finance. Good drafting skills are required particularly of contracts including leases, sale and purchase contracts and agreements for lease documents.
• You will have strong knowledge of IT applications.
Eversheds Sutherland is not your average law firm and we're not looking for average people. We do things differently - in the way we treat our people and the service we provide. That's how we've become one of the largest law firms in the world and a great place to work and develop your career.
In addition to the above, Eversheds Sutherland also require awareness of and full participation in the Firm’s commitment to equality and diversity, the environment and health and safety.
We're a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we've built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
Closing date: 07/12/2017
Salary £70,000 - £80,000
Email this vacancy to a friend