6 months ago
Practice group/Global Operations team:
Litigation & Dispute Mgmt
Type of Vacancy:
Full time/Part time:
Contract/Part time details:
About Eversheds Sutherland:
We are passionate about helping our clients through the toughest of times and protecting their interests at every stage of a conflict. Eversheds Sutherland Litigation and Dispute Management team is called in to handle threats and disputes of the highest strategic importance and our approval rating from clients is over 90%.
If you would like to be part of a truly international, results oriented practice, working on some of the most prominent examples of crisis management and litigation – then Eversheds Sutherland is the team for you.
Recognised by The Lawyer magazine as part of the “Litigation Elite” and ranked Number 1 in Acritas’ UK Law Firm Brand Index 2017, Eversheds Sutherland’s team of experts acts for major clients throughout the world. Our people regularly provide input into a wide range of large-scale matters involving multiple jurisdictions for multi-nationals, complex litigation cases involving technical stretch as well as general commercial disputes which can be managed on a day to day basis by junior lawyers.
Eversheds Sutherland Commercial Dispute Resolution lawyers are renowned for handling high-value, complex, cross border disputes and litigation across a wide range of sectors. A growing team of dynamic and forward-thinking lawyers, we are focused on combining legal expertise and commercial problem solving to provide major clients with the guidance they need.
Ranked Tier 1 in Legal 500 year on year, the Nottingham CDR team is motivated, busy and highly effective. They are a comprehensive and well-resourced litigation practice offering advice and representation to a range of clients. They have been described in the most recent legal directories as follows: "they deal with the issues upfront and demonstrate flexibility and commerciality" and "They're good at handling large, complex cases and are extremely strategic".
• Provide strategic and commercial legal advice on litigation cases, supporting the Partners and wider CDR team.
• Support and offer guidance to junior lawyers in the team.
• As an integral part of the team, you will handle some of your own matters under supervision.
• Be pro-active and willing to get involved in business development and contribute to the strategic direction of the team.
• This varied role offers a wide range of high quality commercial dispute resolution work, including regulatory investigation work and exposure to clients in diverse sectors including Diversified Industrials, Sports, and Energy.
• You will have access to sector specialists and will have the opportunity to work with these contacts across the firm to help develop growth areas for the team.
• You will work on high profile, high value and complex litigation.
Skills and experience:
• We would welcome applications from all levels of lawyer who have worked within a high performing dispute resolution team working on complex issues.
• Ability to analyse complex factual situations and distil the key issues clearly and concisely and persuade others through logical reasoning. You will provide a first rate client service both internally and externally.
• Experience of working for clients in the environmental and/or energy regulated sectors would also be beneficial but is not essential.
• Evidence of exposure to clients/counsel/experts is desirable.
• Exposure to business development activities and a good understanding of how to win work would be desirable.
• Strong technical skills, commercial acumen and excellent academic qualifications, with a degree classification of 2:1 or higher.
• ‘Can do’ attitude and prepared to go the extra mile to ensure we are able to meet our clients’ needs.
We are looking at strong candidates at all levels of PQE.
In addition to the above, Eversheds Sutherland also require awareness and full participation in the firm’s commitment to equality and diversity, the environment and health and safety.
We’re a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we’ve built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through.
Email this vacancy to a friend