3 months ago
Practice group/Global Operations team:
Litigation & Dispute Mgmt
Type of Vacancy:
Full time/Part time:
Contract/Part time details:
About Eversheds Sutherland:
Recognised by The Lawyer magazine as part of the “Litigation Elite” and ranked Number 1 in Acritas’ UK Law Firm Brand Index 2017, Eversheds Sutherland’s team of experts acts for major clients throughout the world. Our people regularly deal with large-scale matters involving multiple jurisdictions for multi-nationals through our award winning approach to project management.
Our litigation team has over 70 partners in the UK and over 60 partners in Asia, the Middle East, United States and Europe. With 650 lawyers around the globe we mobilise cross-office teams on a regular basis.
The Financial Services Disputes and Investigations (FSDI) group advises clients in three key areas of work in the financial services sector - financial services litigation, contentious regulatory work and white collar crime/fraud.
We have an opportunity for an Associate to join our FSDI team in Cardiff. This is a fee earning role and the individual will be expected to manage a mixed case load of financial service disputes and to work collaboratively with others on larger cross-office projects.
• As an integral part of our FSDI team you will provide support on a wide variety of litigation matters and regulatory investigations in the financial services sector.
• You will be encouraged to get involved in marketing activities and take an innovative approach to both your work and how to develop our practice.
• Work on a mix of business as usual litigation for financial institutions and also high profile, complex matters.
Skills and experience:
• You will possess strong technical skills and excellent academic qualifications.
• Exceptional organisation skills as well as high attention to detail.
• A commitment of delivering quality service is essential, as is the ability to handle the demands of a heavy workload.
• You will provide a first rate client service both internally and externally.
• You should be a team player, client focused and a good communicator with a strong practical approach to your workload.
• You should also be able to demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and possess at least some knowledge of the financial markets and how they work.
• Ability to analyse complex factual situations and distil the key issues clearly and concisely.
• Strong problem solving capabilities.
• ‘Can do’ attitude and prepared to go the extra mile to ensure we are able to meet our clients’ needs.
Typically, you will be 2-5 years PQE. A band of PQE as advertised on a role does not preclude applications from those candidates that may have more or less PQE. Our intention is only to indicate a guideline as to how long we would expect a qualified lawyer to have practised so as to have gained the necessary skills for the role as described.
In addition to the above, Eversheds Sutherland also require awareness and full participation in the firm’s commitment to equality and diversity, the environment and health and safety.
We’re a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we’ve built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through.
Email this vacancy to a friend