• Undertake a busy and varied workload of employment matters advising commercial employers with emphasis on FS sector clients.
• Work on complex discrimination, whistle blowing and breach of contract litigation (Employment Tribunal and High Court)
• Manage non-contentious projects including restructures (redundancy and TUPE) in the UK and across multiple jurisdictions
• General employment advisory work by telephone and email
• Take an active role in supervising the work of and assisting in the development of junior fee-earners.
• Take part in and initiate marketing / network activities in order to maintain and develop work from existing clients and potential clients. This includes presenting and assisting in client seminars.
• Contribute to non fee-earning activity as appropriate e.g. knowledge sharing, training.
• Development of team clients and candidate’s own contacts.
• We would expect the post holder to be a solicitor of 4-7 years post qualification experience.
• Experience of advising clients in the financial services sector and multi-national commercial clients.
• Must have experience of handling complex tribunal claims and cross-border project work.
• Experience in a well-recognised firm acting for sophisticated clients (including in-house legal teams).
• Independent thinker with a focus on generating commercial solutions to problems on behalf of clients.
• Confident communicator with an ability to develop relationships with clients and influence at all levels.
• Enthusiastic team player with a flexible approach.
The Employment and Pensions Group at DAC Beachcroft LLP is over 70 strong with 13 Partners and a presence in London, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle and Bristol.
Whilst we take a sector approach covering both the private and public sector, this particular position will focus on supporting Financial and Commercial Services clients which acts for four of the six largest investment banks and major multinational employers whose revenue accounts for 75% of the work for the London team. The work will include complex litigation; non – contentious work on major projects involving restructures, M&A, TUPE, often across multiple jurisdictions as well general advisory work with commercial clients. The firm and the team genuinely values work/life balance and the employment team offers a calm working environment free of the politics associated with many established firms.
About the firm
With over 2,300 people, DAC Beachcroft combines one of the most comprehensive UK legal networks with coverage across Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia-Pacific. We provide a full service claims, transactional, commercial, risk and advisory capability. We work with clients in a select range of industry sectors and are market leaders in health, insurance and real estate. We are agile, progressive and easy to engage with.
We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through charitable giving, pro bono work and programmes such as those operated by Business in the Community and The Prince's Trust.
In Legal 500 UK, 2017, the firm received top tier ranking for 29 of its practice areas and 60 practice areas in the top two tiers. In addition, Chambers UK, 2017, awarded 99 rankings to our partners and professionals as leading lawyers and 57 rankings in 30 separate practice areas, 36 of these rankings being in Band 1 and 2.
DAC Beachcroft holds certification under ISO9001, the quality assurance standard and ISO27001, the information security standard, and DAC Beachcroft LLP is the largest law firm in the country to hold a Gold Investors in People award.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.