about 1 month ago
Practice Area Manager
Farrer & Co is an independent law firm, with a rich history. A centuries-long tradition of advising private families, individuals and charitable institutions is today complemented by our work with Businesses, Financial Services, Individuals, Families and Family Offices (IFFO), Education and Not For Profit organisations.
We look to be the market leader in our chosen areas of expertise, advising clients on the contentious and non-contentious legal, business and personal issues they face.
Our reputation and success is based on the goodwill of numerous close client relationships. We are trusted advisers, acting in our clients' long-term interests and paying careful attention to quality and personal service.
Our clients tell us they value us for our integrity, good judgement and professional excellence, as well as our broad perspective, practical solutions and value for money. They describe us as 'a likeable bunch' t
The Team provides advice on financial services regulation including with regard to obtaining and maintaining FSA authorisation process for regulates activities and setting up all kinds of regulated and unregulated investment funds/products including Private Unit Trusts/OEICS.
We are looking for a junior solicitor to join our highly successful and growing financial services and funds practice.
The successful applicant will have general financial services experience, as well as be an excellent communicator, good team player and have a keen interest in practice and business development.
* Advising on everyday regulatory queries received from clients
* Assisting on larger regulatory projects, including; research, drafting letters/emails of advice and relevant agreements
* Assisting of new fund launches and changes to existing funds
Skills and Experience
* Good level of technical knowledge relating to the practice area
* Interest and enthusiasm in respect of financial services regulation
* Efficient communication skills and the ability to communicate advice to the person receiving it
* The ability to deal with many matters at any one time
* The organisation skills to keep files in order and to move transactions to completion effectively
* Excellent organisational skills
* Strong academic background
* Self-starting approach to tasks and projects and ability to work on own initiative
* Well-developed interpersonal skills – an ability to interact with people at all levels
* Good communication skills, including an ability to persuade, present, write and précis
Education and Qualifications
Minimum 2.1 degree and a training contract undertaken in a mid-sized or city firm
Our office hours are 9.30am to 5.30pm but it is essential that the applicant is committed, flexible and prepared to work beyond normal office hours when necessary and in response to the demands of the business.