3 months ago
[Forward to a friend]
37.5 hours per week
Hill Dickinson LLP is a leading and award-winning international commercial law firm with offices in Liverpool, Manchester, London, Leeds, Piraeus, Singapore, Monaco and Hong Kong. With more than 1300 people including 180 partners, the firm delivers advice and strategic guidance spanning the full legal spectrum, from non-contentious advisory and transactional work, to all forms of commercial litigation.
Hill Dickinson acts as a trusted adviser to a wide portfolio of clients across a wide range of specialist sectors: from transport and logistics and international trade, through to retail, insurance, marine, health, education, manufacturing, public sector and banking and financial services.
Job Title: Associate
Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 to 17:30
Brief Job description
The post involves principally non-contentious work with some contentious work for employers and contractors, construction professionals and funders.
* Client liaison
* Managing/assisting with non-contentious files
* Reviewing and reporting on all forms of construction, engineering, oil & gas and infrastructure contracts
* Drafting and negotiating building contracts
* Due diligence of construction contracts work for funders
* Preparing professional appointments and warranties and manage their completion
* Preparing security documentation
* Preparing reports for funders
* Drafting letters of advice/instructions to clients/experts
* Assist in dispute resolution through litigation, adjudication, mediation
* Preparation of documents in proceedings, including claims, witness statements and other documents
* Previous construction experience is essential
* Previous experience of reviewing construction and engineering contracts is essential
* Previous experience of reviewing infrastructure, oil & gas contracts
* Dispute resolution experience including adjudication
* Excellent organisational skills is essential
* Demonstrates an understanding of clients, colleagues and others
* Adheres to guidelines and procedures
* Ability to interact and communicate with the client and keep them up to date
* The ability to work as part of a team and independently
All successful candidates will be subject to our standard pre-employment screening, including a basic criminal record check via Disclosure Scotland. Any offer of employment made is conditional upon completion of all checks.
Due to the high response levels we receive for some vacancies, we may expire any of them prior to the advertised closing date and advise you to submit your application as soon as possible.
Hill Dickinson Values: Trust ~ Innovation ~ Collaborate ~ Respect
< Back to available positions