6 months ago
Role Profile Level 4
(Monday to Friday; 9am- 5.30pm)
Litigation, Transaction and Advisory
Weightmans is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards and achieved several top rankings in Chambers UK 2016, we are immensely proud of the work we carry out for our clients and the culture we provide to our people.
Please note that this vacancy is not strictly tied to the Liverpool office. We will consider applications from candidates wishing to work in any of our national offices.
Our national Commercial team works with a wide range of clients both private and public. We provide a comprehensive range of commercial services encompassing commercial contracts, intellectual property, data protection, competition, procurement and state aid, and strategically supporting supply chain management. Our clients are in various sectors such as retail, transport and logistics, media, pharmaceutical, insurance and technology and, within the public sector, universities, police forces and local authorities. We advise on a variety of contracts from day-to-day business relationships up to major projects, and have expertise in intellectual property, data protection, IT contracts, joint ventures, collaboration and partnership agreements, public-private projects, agency and distribution agreements, supply chain agreements and franchising.
* To advise and support clients on all matters relating to Data Protection; including GDPR
* To manage own case load of Data Protection and IT matters while offering support to the Commercial team and the firm generally
* To draft, review and negotiate specific clauses and agreements on Data Protection and IT matters to a high level of drafting
* To design and deliver presentations and training upon Data Protection and IT matters
* To carry out business development focused upon Data Protection and IT matters
* To work closely with other members of the national Commercial team
* To advise and support more junior members of the Commercial team
The person specification
* Minimum 6 year PQE solicitor with specific Data Protection experience and ideally IT experience
* Good knowledge of the DPA and GDPR.
* Excellent communication, organisation and drafting skills
* Methodical, organised approach
* Ability to work to strict deadlines, targets and client protocols while maintaining high standards in terms of accuracy and quality
* Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
Any reference to experience or PQE in our adverts or job descriptions is to be used as a guideline only. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and with different levels of experience who can demonstrate that they fulfil the requirements of the role.
The successful candidate appointed to this role will be subject to our standard background checking process, and any offer of employment made is conditional upon successful completion of those checks. Further details can be obtained from the Recruitment team.
< Back to available positions