4 months ago
Assistant Graphic Designer
* Working Hours
* Practice Area / Department
Support - Marketing
Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 130 partners and 830 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
* As an Assistant Graphic Designer you will assist the Brand and Design Manager in meeting the firm's needs for a wide range of communication materials and channels.
* The design team plays a key role in managing and developing the firm's brand and house style in a strong and consistent way. This role involves working with the Brand and Design Manager to achieve this.
* Based in our Birmingham city centre office, you will be an essential part of an international marketing team where you will be supporting all aspects of design and production for the firm's projects.
* You will be comfortable working with both print and digital media. The type of print materials you can expect to work on will vary from brochures and flyers through to exhibition stands and adverts.
* The firm has a series of magazines that solely use digital illustrations to depict the written articles; therefore illustrations must be a key part of your skill set along with a good eye for layouts and these will need to be demonstrated within your portfolio.
* Collaborating with other members in the marketing team as well as fee earners and partners, you will be comfortable communicating across all levels. Key points of contact within the Marketing team will be the firm's Communications Manager, PR Manager and the Director of Marketing who are based in the firm's London office.
* As a creative and proactive member of the team you will have the opportunity to share ideas and develop your own initiatives.
* Though based in Birmingham the role will require occasional travel to the firm's other UK offices.
Experience and qualifications:
* Minimum of a HND in graphic design or visual communications.
* Minimum of two years of experience in a similar position desired
* Proficient in the use of InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
* Digital experience desirable
* Eye for detail to ensure a consistent brand look
* Good and clean layout design and illustration skills
* Creative and enthusiastic
* Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
* Professional services experience is not essential but some would be advantageous
* Flexibility to work beyond standard office hours on occasions where it is necessary to meet a deadline
Please submit a selection of your work with your CV. Those candidates who are invited to interview are asked to bring a portfolio of work with them to demonstrate their design skills and experience.
* Additional Information
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.
Email to a friend
Apply with LinkedIn
Back to search