4 months ago
Practice group/Global Operations team:
Type of Vacancy:
Full time/Part time:
Contract/Part time details:
About Eversheds Sutherland:
Eversheds Sutherland is one of the largest full service international law firms. With more than 2,300 lawyers in 61 offices across 29 countries, Eversheds Sutherland ranks in the top 10 in UK listings and top 40 in US global listings.
Our UK practice is made up of more than 45 corporate secretarial professionals who provide a range of governance, transactional support and compliance services to clients in over 100 jurisdictions.
We are looking for a partly qualified/GradICSA with relevant practical experience to join our fast growing and ambitious Corporate Secretarial practice. You will be based in our London office as part of a high calibre team responsible for delivering an extensive range of corporate secretarial and governance services. You will have the opportunity to get hands-on experience in delivering projects to an outstanding variety of high profile clients.
We’re looking for candidates who will bring enthusiasm, energy and flexibility to make the most of the opportunities we are able to offer. In return, we’ll provide the tools and training to help you to progress your career and maximise your potential.
As an Assistant Company Secretary you will have day-to-day responsibility for your own portfolio of clients as well as providing assistance to other members of the team.
The role is broad in scope and will include:
• Board and Committee governance;
• Preparing transactional documents for ad-hoc advisory projects;
• Providing interim support to in-house client teams;
• Supporting other members of the team with one-off assignments such as corporate restructuring and legal entity simplification projects; and
• Working closely with client service teams across Eversheds Sutherland.
Skills and experience:
As a fast paced professional services team, we are looking for a candidate that:
• Has a good grounding in company secretarial work;
• Is professional, hard-working and conscientious;
• Enjoys working on challenging multiple projects;
• Is focused on providing excellent client service; and
• Is committed to developing their career in a professional services environment.
In return we’ll offer
• Competitive starting salary plus performance related bonus
• Excellent training and personal development
• Secondment opportunities
• 26 days annual leave
• Discounted gym membership
• Season ticket loan
The small print
In addition to the above, Eversheds Sutherland also requires awareness and full participation in the firm’s commitment to equality and diversity, the environment and health and safety.
We're a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we've built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
Eversheds Sutherland endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Eversheds Sutherland operates within a preferred supplier list.