3 months ago
Administrative Assistant - Immigration Department
Bindmans is a successful London law firm specialising in human rights, with a reputation for excellence and innovation in its work.
We are seeking to recruit an Administrative Assistant to work within our Immigration department.
The role consists of providing administrative support to fee earners within the department, and working closely with the department's Personal Assistant and Legal Secretary.
This role is particularly suited to students who are at the start of their careers and who have an interest in administration and / or the law.
Overview of key responsibilities
* File and diary management
* Electronic and paper filing
* Printing, sorting and filing emails
* Printing collating and ordering documentation from outsource workers
* Assisting with the preparation of bundles of documents for Court, Counsel and/or experts
* Lodging documents/ applications at the Tribunal/ Court as required by fee earners;
* Assisting the paralegals/trainees with new client enquiries
* Becoming familiar with and observing the internal requirements of the firm as to file opening and closure procedures, both electronically and manually;
* Assisting with the department’s archiving as directed by the department's Personal Assistant
* Becoming familiar with the firm’s accounting procedures, and the maintenance of all necessary records and any other administrative requirement.
Skills & Experience
* Good qualifications;
* Administrative / office experience is essential.
* Legal experience and knowledge of legal aid procedures is not essential but are an advantage.
* You will need to be enthusiastic with good communication, have strong organisational and administrative skills.
* You should have a flexible and professional attitude and an ability to work quickly under pressure and work as part of a team.
The firm is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply:
Please view the attached Job Description and Person Specification for further details about the role.
If you are interested in applying, please complete a Recruitment Pack.
Completed recruitment packs can be sent via or by post to: Bindmans LLP, 4th Floor, 236 Grays Inn Road, London WC1X 8HB. Please quote reference Immigration AdminAss.12/2017.
STRICTLY NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS