4 months ago
Quality & Risk
Shoosmiths - UK Law Firm of the Year Winner at the Legal Week British Legal Awards 2015.
A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve “Gold Standard” Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.
Shoosmiths LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) and is also recognised as a multi-national practice with the Law Society of Scotland which regulates Scottish activities. We are also authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to carry out financial services regulated activities, including but not limited to insurance mediation and investment services.
Your role is to provide administrative support to the centralised Client & Matter Inception team in the Quality & Risk Directorate.
This will include providing a full PA/secretarial support to the team including providing support in undertaking anti-money laundering (AML)/client due diligence (CDD) checks on new and existing clients, conflict of interest checks, on-going client monitoring, sanctions checks and assisting with other risk management procedures.
* Typing of correspondence, documents, reports and presentations, meeting notes
* Opening and closing client AML queries – client file auditing if necessary
* Filing of incoming and outgoing post and correspondence.
* Logging AML queries/Conflict queries as required
* Daily management of office supplies
* Interaction with internal and external clients mainly over the telephone, where required
* Diary management.
* Organising meetings, travel arrangements etc.
* Answering the telephone and dealing with routine enquiries
Skills and qualifications
* Excellent and accurate keyboard skills required, as you will be required to obtain typing speeds to a minimum of 60 wpm.
* Good working knowledge of various applications – Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
* Taking care and attention into all correspondence and documentation
* Flexible with the ability to adapt to change, new practices and cope under pressure
* Excellent presentation skills reflected in their work
* A methodical and organised approach with keen attention paid to every detail
* Good organisational skills to ensure that the tasks are effectively scheduled within working time available, and that urgent work is completed and returned within the specified timescales.
* Friendly and helpful approach to dealing with queries
* Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
* Ability to prioritise, be organised and efficient
* Ability to work under pressure
* Good listening skills
* Able to integrate within a team as well as working on one’s own initiative
* Work as part of a team ensuring telephones/lunch cover
* Ability to be pro-active and deliver a quality service to both internal and external clients.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. These checks will include employment references covering the last 5 years, proof of ID, proof of address covering the last 5 years, Personnel Vetting credit search (which will only highlight insolvency or County Court Judgments - should any adverse data show on the Personnel Vetting search then any offer of employment made will be withdrawn).Terrorism Check (against data supplied by the Bank of England) and a DBS check previously known as a Criminal Records check.
Shoosmiths is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.