5 months ago
(9am-5.30pm Monday to Friday)
Shoosmiths - UK Law Firm of the Year Winner at the Legal Week British Legal Awards 2015.
A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve “Gold Standard” Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.
Our Real Estate group is one of the largest real estate teams in the UK, advising an impressive range of clients including commercial and residential developers, investors, major corporate occupiers and banks/funders. Offering exceptional market knowledge the team holds an outstanding reputation with clients and the market generally. “Clients are full of admiration for this team, noting it combines outstanding technical expertise with a “very” responsive service” (Chambers).
Working within the Real Estate team to provide a comprehensive administrative support service to the Real Estate team and its clients.
* Accessing the Land Registry website to print official copies of property title plans, registers, etc
* Opening client files
* Closing and archiving client files
* Filing paperwork into client files
* Completing searches – Searchflow
* Collating title information
* Typing of basic correspondence, reports and contracts
* Providing additional secretarial support when required in team to cover holidays, sickness, absence
* Answering the telephone and communicating effectively and confidently with clients.
* Assisting with various other tasks as required.
Skills and qualifications
Ideally looking for an individual with some office experience, eager to continue to build on their experience. Good keyboard skills and knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, Digital Dictation and Pwerpoint.
* Have the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
* Attention to detail and possess a neat and tidy approach to working practices
* Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
* Confident telephone manner
* Ability to work independently or in a team
* Ability to maintain high standards whilst carrying out day to day tasks around the office
* Friendly, positive ‘can do’ attitude
Shoosmiths is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.