8 months ago
[Forward to a friend]
Shoosmiths - UK Law Firm of the Year Winner at the Legal Week British Legal Awards 2015.
A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve “Gold Standard” Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.
Our Recoveries Services Group provides a complete range of debt recovery services utilising cutting edge technology and with specialists dealing with different debt types, all operating under a centralised management structure allowing us to deliver consistently excellent service.
We act for a wide variety of captive and non-captive lenders.
Our specialist team of asset finance litigators is trained to deal with asset finance recoveries using commercial strategies and to engage with the customer at an early stage of proceedings. We deal with all cases, from routine undefended matters to large complex cases.
Within the asset finance recoveries team we have our own negotiations team, comprising experienced collections staff who engage with customers by telephone and seek to agree sensible repayment terms before legal proceedings are issued.
We also have a complaints team made up of experienced collections staff. This team deals with our clients' complaints and for a fixed fee will seek to engage with the customer to resolve the dispute, whether it concerns the satisfactory quality of the asset, title or a lien. We are able to bring objectivity to complaints resolution and reduce the number of complaints being referred to FOS.
Shoosmiths are seeking an Administration Assistant to join a newly-created team on a 12 month fixed-term contract as a result of a new client being brought in by the Asset Finance Recoveries Team. As an Administration Assistant, you will provide administrative support to a team of 6 individuals to ensure that the running of the recoveries caseload is as efficient as possible, as well as ensuring client SLAs are met.
This is a fantastic opportunity join a reputable department that has been named Legal Team of the Year - Motor Finance Awards for 7 consecutive years and Tier 1 rankings in the Legal 500. You will be given full training around the teams processes and an overview of the debt recovery and litigation process.
* File management within the case management system
* Completing assigned tasks within the case management system
* Making and taking telephone calls from customers and clients and third parties
* Assisting the department with any other administrative tasks as directed by your line manager
* Taking personal responsibility for compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements and client and internal Service Level Agreements
Skills and qualifications
* IT literate with experience of using Word, Excel and the internet
* Good written, numeracy and oral communication skills
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Ability to prioritise, be organised and efficient
* Flexibility with the capability to adapt to change, new practices and cope under pressure but with the ability to recognise when to seek assistance
* Able to integrate within a team and able to work on your own initiative
* Friendly and helpful approach
* A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent) to include Maths and English
* Previous office administration experience
* Have prior experience of working within a Legal, Financial Services or Debt Recovery organisation
Shoosmiths has an outstanding benefits package; we believe that all staff should be rewarded for their commitment to the continued success of the firm. These can include:
* A pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5.5%
* Generous life assurance cover for peace of mind, up to 8 times salary
* Up to 23 paid working days holiday per annum with the option to buy up to 8 additional days. You can choose to 'flex' twice a year - January and July
* 'Happy Birthday!' - have a free day off to celebrate and a £50 voucher to spend! (We won't take it from your annual entitlement)
* Childcare vouchers which are not subject to tax or NI
* Interest free season ticket loans
* Staff introduction bonus scheme
* Corporate discounts on a wide variety of products and services
* Discounted conveyancing and legal advice, for instance for wills and family trusts
The application process
We will aim to respond to you within 3-4 working days following your application. If successful, you will be contacted by a member of our recruitment team for an informal telephone discussion. There will be one interview stage which will be held at our Northampton office.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. These checks will include employment references covering the last 5 years, proof of ID, proof of address covering the last 5 years, Personnel Vetting credit search (which will only highlight insolvency or County Court Judgments - should any adverse data show on the Personnel Vetting search then any offer of employment made will be withdrawn).Terrorism Check (against data supplied by the Bank of England) and a DBS check previously known as a Criminal Records check.
Shoosmiths is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
< Back to available positions
7 days ago
only 10 hours until close
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
10 days ago
only 18 days until close
7 days ago
only 21 days until close