4 months ago
We are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join a firm of solicitors in Warrington.
Duties will include, but not be limited to,
* All Legal Aid billing to include Claim 1/1a forms, exceptional claims, drafting escape case bills for court assessment, public and private law claims, payments on account, supplier payments, producing legal help bills, using CCMS software, assisting with portal downloads including crime and legal help payments.
* Using costmaster software to produce all family fixed fee bills, escape case bills, and non standard legal aid billing.
* Monitoring aged debt, payment plans, lockup, WIP to debt ratio, billing cycles, and helping with Court recovery proceedings including statutory demands
* Liaising with agents, Counsel, Clerks, and other outside agents
* Overseeing the day to day running of the cash office, all tasks including postings, purchase ledger, billing, domestic and international payments, nominal ledgers, month and year end procedures, P & L and balance sheet accounts, any other ad hoc duties
* Assisting with arching of files, including balance queries
* Understanding the SRA rules and ensuring compliance
* Liaising with the auditors and dealing with any queries
* Prioritising work load and ensuring that urgent deadlines are met (both mine and team members)
* Filing and photocopying
* Opening files in accordance with the firms' internal Risk and Compliance procedure and ensuring Money Laundering Regulations are adhered to
Full time permanent position
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.
24 days ago
only 4 days until close
20 days ago
only 8 days until close
18 days ago
only 10 days until close
10 days ago
only 18 days until close