16 days ago
We are looking for an experienced secretary to support our Personal Injury department on a part time basis (3 days per week). If you have a full range of secretarial skills and experience working within a busy team, then please do get in touch. A familiarity with the personal injury sector would be an advantage.
Veale Wasbrough Vizards is a full service law firm ranked as a leader in both the Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 directories. Our firm-wide core values of teamwork and collaboration, putting the client at the centre of the firm and taking a commercial approach ensure a dedicated and expert service to all of our clients. Our high standards have been recognised by the Law Society through Lexcel and their Conveyancing Quality schemes.
With over 400 members of staff across four offices in London, Watford, Bristol and Birmingham, we are a medium size national law firm with a commitment to the training and development of our employees at all levels. This can be demonstrated by our Bronze Investors in People accreditation. On top of this, we have the reputation of being a friendly firm with approachable staff in all areas of the business. 96% of our clients say they would recommend us which, we believe, is a strong indicator of our culture.
PA/Secretarial support role to fee earners within the Personal Injury Department. To take responsibility for admin tasks to free up fee earners to allow them to concentrate on business creation and fee income.
Required Knowledge and Experience
* Experienced secretary with full range of secretarial skills and ability to provide PA style support role to team of fee earners from partner level to trainee solicitor level.Ability to prioritise own work loads when busy
* Excellent typing skills essential.
* Professional telephone manner, with ability to engage with clients essential.
* Full working knowledge of Microsoft Word essential.
* A calm, helpful & professional image.
* Other packages used:PowerPoint, Excel, Bighand (dictation/transcription system) & Galaxy (accounting system) - training can be provided.
* Familiarity with personal injury sector would be an advantage.
* Typing - audio and copy typing
* Filing - both electronic and paper
* production of full agenda for any meetings outside of Bristol
* Diary management - liaising with clients/intermediaries to arrange meetings/appointments.
* Contacting clients/intermediaries to obtain relevant information or documentation to assist fee earners to deal with enquiries.
* Building up a rapport with clients and intermediaries.
* Becoming familiar with all standard marketing material for Augustines Injury Law and gaining an overall knowledge of the other areas of legal work VWV covers, to assist with referral to clients/new enquiries to the relevant Department.
* Being familiar with the content of any marketing information sent to clients advising them of seminars/events being offered in case enquiries about such come through directly to the Department rather than Marketing.
* Opening new files, ensuring files are Lexcel compliant and assisting with money laundering procedures to make sure client ID correctly established.
* Monitoring of e-mail inbox for fee earners who are absent from office.
* Assisting with the production of marketing material and seminar notes.
* Production of billing guides and billing report printouts to enable bills to be produced monthly.
* Archiving -
* preparation of draft letters to clients advising files to be closed
* preparation of file ready for archiving
* production of file closure checklist & archiving form
* production of schedule of files to be archived (where appropriate)
* Liaising with other support teams, ie. Reception/Business Centre/Marketing/Library where necessary.
* Attendance at team/departmental meetings and (when requested) taking minutes and circulating to attendees.
23 days ago
only 5 days until close