2 months ago
We are looking for an experienced paralegal to join our Property Litigation team in our Bristol office. If you have experience in Property Litigation and are looking for your next move, then then we would love to hear from you.
Veale Wasbrough Vizards is a full service law firm ranked as a leader in both the Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 directories. Our firm-wide core values of teamwork and collaboration, putting the client at the centre of the firm and taking a commercial approach ensure a dedicated and expert service to all of our clients. Our high standards have been recognised by the Law Society through Lexcel and their Conveyancing Quality schemes.
With over 400 members of staff across four offices in London, Watford, Bristol and Birmingham, we are a medium size national law firm with a commitment to the training and development of our employees at all levels. This can be demonstrated by our Bronze Investors in People accreditation. On top of this, we have the reputation of being a friendly firm with approachable staff in all areas of the business. 96% of our clients say they would recommend us which, we believe, is a strong indicator of our culture.
To work with colleagues to help clients succeed in realising their business or personal objectives, through the efficient delivery of appropriate legal assistance.
Required Knowledge and Experience
At least 6 months’ legal experience in a similar position and or preferably LPC/ILEX qualified. Must possess good client care skills, have good commercial awareness and be a team player. Must be familiar with and have confidence in the use of office IT and other applications; document management, etc. Must be well organised, proactive and have good typing skills. The ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, internally and externally with clients and with third parties is essential. Litigation experience is also required.
The ability to:
* advocate and present orally when required
* conduct effective case and transaction management, specifically the management of deadlines
* communicate concisely both verbally and in writing with colleagues and clients
* research the relevant legal issues applicable to a case
1. Provide a competent service to clients wholly under the direct supervision of a qualified solicitor, including liaising directly with clients on the . Deal with estate management, local authorities, property related insolvency matters, LR applications, etc.
3. Take every reasonable opportunity to further legal and skills training.
4. Comply with the departmental requirements for the use of secretaries.
5. Assist fee earners at all levels with tasks delegated by the supervisor; eg: help with letters & reports to clients, lease renewals, landlord & tenant issues, etc.
6. Assist in the management of documents and other papers, including maintaining Lexcel compliant files.
7. Prepare Counsel’s bundles.
8. Draft court forms and liaise with the Court.
10. Liaise with Chambers, specifically the clerks.
11. Become familiar with, and to operate, the procedures and systems required of fee earners at Veale Wasbrough Vizards for case management, billing, file opening, money laundering compliance, archiving, accounts procedures, etc.
12. Contribute where appropriate, as part of a department or section work team, in the development of marketing, cross-selling, quality and operational issues and to introduce clients to the Firm when possible.