8 months ago
We are offering an opportunity for an associate/senior associate to join our highly successful Commercial Property team in our Birmingham office. The relevant lawyer would be assisting in a busy commercial property team with a varied caseload of commercial property work for land owners, investors and developers through the efficient delivery of appropriate legal advice and assistance within the Commercial Property team.
Over 40% of the firm's turnover comes from the Real Estate department as a whole, making it a vital part of the firm. Our Real Estate lawyers make a key contribution to the success of the firm in their work across each of the firm's designated sectors.
Veale Wasbrough Vizards is a full service law firm ranked as a leader in both the Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 directories. Our firm-wide core values of teamwork and collaboration, putting the client at the centre of the firm and taking a commercial approach ensure a dedicated and expert service to all of our clients. Our high standards have been recognised by the Law Society through Lexcel and their Conveyancing Quality schemes.
With over 400 members of staff across four offices in London, Watford, Bristol and Birmingham, we are a medium size national law firm with a commitment to the training and development of our employees at all levels. This can be demonstrated by our Bronze Investors in People accreditation. On top of this, we have the reputation of being a friendly firm with approachable staff in all areas of the business. 96% of our clients say they would recommend us which, we believe, is a strong indicator of our culture.
Required Knowledge and Experience
Experienced solicitor (8 years plus PQE), with current Practising Certificate and an expertise in the commercial property. Must demonstrate an ability to provide accurate, focussed advice to clients and service delivery excellence. Familiarity with and confidence in the use of office IT applications; and good typing skills.
We expect the successful candidate to have good team working and collaborative skills as we work open plan with solicitors from other teams, other departments and support staff both in Birmingham and across other offices. We expect to see the client at the centre of the firm and for our lawyers to have a commercial approach in their work. We are looking for someone who wants to join our team to help our clients achieve their objectives. The successful candidate will provide a wide range of advice on property matters including advice to charities, universities, schools, property investors and developers.
The ability to:
* advocate and present orally when required
* conduct effective case and transaction management
* communicate concisely both verbally and in writing with colleagues and clients
* draft legal documents, advice notes and give legal advice that is clear and concise
* interview and advise clients, helping them decide the best course of action
* identify the relevant legal issues applicable to a case or a transaction
* conduct negotiations where appropriate
* researching relevant areas of law
* knowledge of commercial property and the conveyancing process particularly as applied to acquisitions, disposals and leases of non-residential land and buildings.
* Knowledge and experience of working with public sector clients and charities/education clients would be preferred, but is not essential.
* The ideal candidate would also have an interest in being involved in marketing activities including assistance with presentation at seminars, attending networking events and writing articles for professional journals.